Thursday, August 9, 2012

Friends.

Joanna Goddard's husband's article about making friends as an adult really struck a cord with me.

via 

The Mr. and I moved from Chicago to Santa Monica where we only knew a handful of people (some good friends, some acquaintances). We moved from some of our very close friends and family to beautiful weather, a healthier life and where our jobs are meant to be. The chances of us moving back are slim. We've made some friends through our workplaces, but not those kind of friends that we're close enough to hang out with on the weekends. 

By the way, I have this weird subconscious problem where I can't get close to anyone at work, I try to but it's so hard for me! Does anyone else have this issue? 

Anyway, while the Mr. and I are content and happy spending time with each other, I can't help but be a little sad when the weekend rolls around and we don't have a group of friends to hang out with like we did in Chicago. 

Take a look at the article. Let me know what you think. 

2 comments:

  1. This article really resonated with me. I find it very difficult to meet/make/retain friends at my age (29). Even fellow single people tend to be really flaky, and I just can't deal with that. I'd rather be alone than disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so tough. Such a good article, it's sad that it's so true though. :/

    ReplyDelete